What time is check-in/check-out?
- We welcome you to pre-register with us as early as noon on the day of arrival and begin your day of fun! While enjoying all the play features we’ll be getting your room ready! Check-in time begins after 4:00pm. Check-out time is at 11:00am, however, after you check-out you may continue to use the waterpark all day! There are locker rooms, showers and towels provided for you in the waterpark.
How old do you have to be to rent a room?
- You must be at least 18 years of age to reserve or check into a room, all guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Identification is required at check-in.
Is there a deposit when making my reservations and do I need a credit card on file during my stay?
- Yes, Wilderness at the Smokies is an advance deposit hotel. To guarantee your reservation we require the first night’s lodging, taxes and resort fee to be billed to a major credit card at the time of reservation. The same credit card must be presented along with a valid photo ID at the time of check-in. The credit card will remain on file during your stay, so if any incidental charges are placed to the room from any of the resort outlets, payment can taken from the credit card on file at check-out. If you would like to pay these incidental charges by cash or other credit card, please be sure to settle up with the front desk prior to 11am on the day of check-out.
Do you accept checks?
- Checks are only accepted as an advance deposit 30 days prior to the reservations date. A valid credit card must be presented at check-in.
Do you accept Debit cards?
- Debit cards are only accepted as an advance deposit at least 24 hours prior to arrival.
What is your cancellation fee?
- If you choose to cancel your reservation for any reason anytime between making the reservation and 72 hours prior to 4:00pm on the date of arrival, there will be a $30 processing fee. If you cancel less than 72 hours prior to arrival, the entire deposit will be forfeited.
Do you offer Military or AAA discounts?
- Yes, 10% off for active and retired military. Must present Military ID at check-in. At this time we do not offer AAA discounts.
Do you have group rates?
- Yes, we offer group rates for groups for 10 or more rooms. Our group reservation number is 865-868-2171. Please see our Group Information section for more information.
Do you allow pets?
- Unfortunately we do not allow pets except those assisting guests.
Do you have to be a guest to use the waterpark?
- Our waterparks are guest exclusive, in order to use Wilderness waterparks you must be a registered guest.
Is there an additional cost for the waterpark when I reserve a room?
- Waterpark admission is included in your room rate! If you need to add on additional people to your reservation you can do so at the rate of $25 per person/per day up to the maximum amount per room. (Please see the rooms and rates section for the maximum number of people each room can sleep)
Do any of the rides have height restrictions?
- Yes, some of the indoor waterpark rides do have height restrictions. You must be a minimum of 48″ for The Storm Chaser, 42″ with an adult or 48″ by yourself on the Trail Twisters Tube Slides and 48″ to body surf on the Smokies SurfRider.
Are there any waterpark areas that are toddler friendly?
- Yes, there are many activities for smaller children including a two story interactive play feature, Kiddie slides, bounce swings and teeter totters.
Are my children allowed to go to the waterpark by themselves?
- All children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times-No Exceptions! Although there are certified lifeguards on duty parents are encouraged to stay with their children at all times regardless of age. The waterparks and other amenities contain features and elements that are not suitable for a child’s unsupervised participation.
Are swim diapers required?
- Swim diapers are required for all children who are not toilet-trained. Swim diapers are available for purchase from the retail shops on property.
What are the hours of the waterparks?
- Park hours vary by the date and occupancy. Please call our reservations department at 1-877-325-9453 for the hours of operation during your stay.
Can we bring our own food into the waterparks?
- No outside food or drinks can be brought into the waterparks. There are snack bars located in the waterpark areas.
Are lockers available?
- Yes, small lockers are available at the indoor water park for a nominal fee. We recommend keeping any larger items in your room or vehicle.
Are towels provided at the waterpark or do I have to bring my own?
- Towels are provided at the waterpark for you to use. A towel program has been implemented, please ask guest services if questions arise.
Do you offer internet service?
- We do offer WI-FI throughout the resort and waterpark.
Is the Wilderness a smoke free property?
- Yes, by Tennessee State Law, smoking is not permitted within 25 feet of the building. Therefore all guest rooms, balconies and public areas are non-smoking.
Are there any washers or dryers on property?
- Yes, we have multiple laundry centers located at both lodges.
What is provided in the kitchens?
- All kitchens utensils (place settings for up to 12 people), pots, pans, toaster, coffeemaker, full size refrigerator, microwave, stove, and dishwasher are provided in the kitchen units. Paper products (napkins, paper towels and paper plates), hand mixers and blenders are not provided.
Do you have ATM machines?
- ATM machines are located in the lobbies of Stone Hill and River Lodge.
What do I do with my valuables when I am in the waterpark?
- A safe is provided in each guest room for securing your valuables and lockers are also available for rent in the waterpark. Please note that the Wilderness is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please double check your room upon vacating your room for any misplaced items.
Do I have to pay to park?
- No, parking is provided free to our resort guests.
Is there a special parking lot for my RV?
- Yes, you will receive a parking permit when you check-in. RV parking is not available for overnight camping and RVs are not allowed on the deck of the parking garage.
Are all areas wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, all main floor entry ways are wheelchair accessible and we do have elevators throughout the buildings to accommodate wheelchairs.
Are there designated areas where I can change diapers or nurse my baby?
- Yes, each public restroom is equipped with a changing station (men’s rooms and women’s). In addition, the Wild WaterDome has a “Family Only” restroom/changing facility.