In accordance with Governor Lee’s Tennessee Pledge and reopening guidelines, Wilderness at the Smokies will be extending our temporary closure through June 3 unless otherwise directed.
PLEASE NOTE: On March 13 the CDC stated, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
Today we will begin the process of canceling and refunding reservations automatically through this new closure date. Please be patient as the Tennessee Safer at Home order has put a strain on our call center and our ability to do refunds in a mass manner. You will receive a cancellation notice via email, and do not need to call. Please see our cancellation outline below so you know when to expect your refund:
- Guests with reservations between May 14-20 will be canceled and will be issued a full refund on the original form of payment during the week of May 12. If you don’t see your refund by May 22 please call us at (877) 325-9453.
- Guests with reservations between May 21-28 will be canceled and will be issued a full refund on the original form of payment during the week of May 19. If you don’t see your refund by May 29 please call us at (877) 325-9453.
- Guests with reservations between May 29-June 3 will be canceled and will be issued a full refund on the original form of payment during the week of May 26. If you don’t see your refund by June 5 please call us at (877) 325-9453.
Rest assured all deposits will be returned and no cancellations fees will charged for those reservations affected by the closure.
If your reservation has not yet been cancelled and you would like to reschedule, please call us at (877) 325-9453. We are currently accepting reservations for dates on/after June 3. We encourage new reservations to be booked online at WildernessAtTheSmokies.com in order to lessen the strain on our call center.
As we all know, this is an unprecedented time that we will get through together. We can’t begin to describe how thankful we are and have always been for the support of the families who visit our properties and our employees. We look forward to re-opening soon so we can start making memories with all of you again and will continue to work with local, state, and federal officials.
After we reopen, we will continue abiding by all local, state, and federal guidelines and will maintain the stringent precautionary measures we’d implemented prior to closing to address coronavirus concerns and to help ensure the health, safety and well-being of everyone visiting our resorts. These measures include, but are not limited to:
The health, safety and well-being of everyone visiting our resorts is our top priority. Here are just some of the stringent precautionary measures guests can expect when we re-open:
RESORT ROOMS & SUITES
- Prior to a guest’s check-in, we will be disinfecting and sanitizing all guest rooms (and other lodging options) utilizing hospital-grade cleaning products.
- We will also be applying BIOPROTECT, which uses patented, EPA registered technology to kill and inhibit the growth of problematic bacteria, fungi, algae, protozoans, viruses and other microorganisms that can exist on many surfaces. BIOPROTECT is applied with an electrostatic sprayer and has a 90 day residual effect from time of application.
- During a guest’s stay we WILL NOT BE ALLOWING our housekeepers into your room for stayover service. We believe your guest room is your sanctuary and this a best practice to provide peace of mind for all of our guests.
- We will be requiring our guest room housekeeping staff to wear gloves and masks.
RESORT COMMON AREAS
- We will be requiring all common-area cleaning team members to wear gloves and masks.
- Expect to see frequent deep cleaning of common areas, handles, faucets, trash-receptacle touchpoints, elevators, buttons, keypads, luggage carts, counters, and employee-housing.
- There will be additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the common areas throughout the resorts.
- We will be increasing the cleaning focus on any area where events or gathering areas are held.
WATERPARKS, ARCADES AND ATTRACTIONS
- Our Certified Pool Operators will be conducting ongoing chemical readings to ensure our water is safe.
- We will be disinfecting and sanitizing all waterpark locker rooms, waterpark common areas, arcades and attractions with hospital-grade cleaning products.
- Immediately following the disinfecting process, we will be applying BIOPROTECT (described above) in all parks, attractions and arcades.
- There will be additional hand sanitizing stations sanitizing stations throughout the waterparks, arcades and attractions.
FOOD & BEVERAGE OUTLETS
- We will be requiring all of our chefs to be Servsafe certified so they fully understand safe-food preparation and handling.
- We will be frequently disinfecting and sanitizing all tables, condiments, chairs and highchair with hospital-grade cleaning products.
- Immediately following the disinfecting process, we will be applying BIOPROTECT (described above)
- We will be frequently changing out all kitchen serving utensils.
- All kitchen staff will be wearing gloves and masks and to wash their hands often when changing gloves.
- We will be continuously cleaning common areas, handles, faucets, dispensers, trash-receptacle touchpoints, buttons, keypads, counters and cleaning tools with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- We will be making it a priority to exceed the state guidelines for all food preparation and food handling.
Family vacations are meant to be fun-filled and carefree. We are looking forward to brighter days ahead when we can again focus on fun and bringing a lifetime of positive memories to the families we serve.