Wilderness at the Smokies Charitable Donations Guidelines
Wilderness at the Smokies takes great pride in supporting our community partners whenever possible with donations of a pair of passes to our waterpark. Due to the overwhelming number of requests that the Wilderness receives the following guidelines have been established to assist non-profit organizations to understand our charitable guidelines.
Waterpark Admission Donations:
Wilderness at the Smokies supports non –profit organizations, in our local region, that support programs that make lasting, positive change in the community and that aid in the improvement of the well-being and happiness of families and children.
Make a Wish and Dream Foundation for Adults and Children:
Families that are experiencing serious/terminal illnesses may request a donation to the Wilderness at the Smokies that includes the immediate family through license organizations such as those mentioned above. No personal applications will be accepted.
While Wilderness at the Smokies respects the efforts of all non-profit organizations, due to the number of donation requests and budgetary guidelines, limitations have been necessary and are listed below.
We do not provide passes or monetary donation support to:
• For profit or political organizations
• Employee, student or volunteer incentive programs
• Individual or teams participating in fundraising efforts such as walk-a-thons, contests, etc. benefiting a larger non-profit group.
Wilderness at the Smokies has several non-profit organizations that receive our direct support for their causes. A few to be mentioned are:
East Tennessee’s Alzheimer’s Association, Boys & Girls Club of the Smoky Mountains, United Way of Sevier County, Smoky Mountain Children’s Home, Sevier County Food Ministry, Smoky Mountain Area Rescue Ministries, East Tennessee’s American Heart Association, East Tennessee’s American Cancer Society, East Tennessee Ronald McDonald Houses and Appalachian Outreach
Overnight Stay Requests:
If your qualifying, non-profit organization would like to work with Wilderness on an overnight stay option for a silent auction or fundraiser, the resort offers two overnight stay packages that can be purchased for fundraising events, which are at substantial savings from standard resort rates. These options are:
- A $99* gift certificate that is good for a two-night stay in Wilderness resort’s Stone Hill Lodge’s standard double queen sofa room for up to 5 guests. This certificate is valid Monday through Thursday only and is valid August-May only. This certificate is not valid holidays, holiday weekends or certain peak periods and is based on availability.
- A $250* gift certificate that is good for a two-night stay in Wilderness resort’s Stone Hill Lodge’s standard double queen sofa rooms for up to 5 guests. This certificate is valid Friday through Sunday and is valid August-May only. This certificate is not valid holidays, holiday weekends or certain peak periods and is based on availability.
* These prices do not include taxes or resort fees.
Sales tax must be added unless proper documentation is provided showing your organization is exempt in the State of Tennessee or has a Federal 501c3 status.
ALL requests must be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the event date on the non-profit organization’s letterhead including the mailing address. Submissions may be either faxed to 865-868-4472 or e-mailed to [email protected]. REQUESTS LEFT ON A VOICEMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED NOR WILL THE CALL BE RETURNED.
If your non-profit organization does not meet the listed qualifications, Wilderness at the Smokies will not be able to make a donation.